Family Bible Study Series
||The Value of Friendship
||1 Samuel 18:1-3
|Time & Date:
|| 2018-03-27, 22:00-23:00
||What can we see in David and Jonathan’s friendship?
|David and Jonathan’s friendship was the best friendship ever other than the friendship the disciples had with our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Their friendship started with David’s victory. 17:50-51
– David’s victory against Goliath was used by God to allow him to be known.
– Saul asked him of who he was. (v.58)
– He met Jonathan when Saul took David after he defeated Goliath.
– Our victories in life can be the caused of starting friendship and be influential.
– Because of this victory, friendship was started between David and Jonathan.
– Same in our lives, God uses victory in our life to introduce us to people around us.
- They chose to respect and love to build their friendship. 18:1
– Jonathan loved David because David respected his father.
– Even after Saul tried to kill David, he still respected Saul because he respects Jonathan
– It is our choice if we will keep our friendship with someone or abuse it.
– They consider one another.
- They made a covenant and kept it. 18:3
– They agreed to love each other as their own soul.
– Jonathan gave his armor to David.
– Jonathan put his life at risk only to protect David.
- The failure of Saul. 18:5-11
– Saul failed because he let anger and jealousy reign over him.
– Saul envied David because of how the people looked up to David.
– Saul tried to kill David twice.
– Saul hunted David.
– Saul failed again and again because of Jonathan.
– Chapter 19 shows Saul’s failure because God was with David.
||In our lives, we have our own battles, bigger challenges and trials that will bring us down, that is why we must give value to godly relationships we have.
This is a demo store for testing purposes — no orders shall be fulfilled. Dismiss